XCube offers focused solutions in core infrastructure territories for building and managing the enterprise IT infrastructure comprising lifecycle services in remote server management, application support and database administration. It is observed that strict budgets force IT managers to make tough choices and spending staff productive time on time-consuming helpdesk and troubleshooting activities. Investors keep the Firms on their toes to employ critical resources to develop services that foster business initiatives. Our services have helped our clients 40 – 50% savings in their annual support and maintenance costs, and increased firm’s business transactions by 25%. We combine infrastructure management with SaaS applications to optimize performance and focus on remediating issues ASAP to avoid any downtime. Our infrastructure management experience, allow us to manage IT operations, while retaining the complete control and transparency under the reign of our clients.
Infrastructure Management Services
Our skills compasse a diverse set of systems and technologies within an organization’s enterprise IT infrastructure.
Remote Server Management
- Disk Space Management
- Network Administration
- User Management
- Security & Backup Management
Disk Space Management
At XCube, we provide 24×7 disk space management helping carry out smooth server disk related tasks in an organized manner which typically covers the following:
- Orderly system start-up and shutdown of servers.
- Monitoring CPU utilization, disk space usage etc. using server management tools in built in the server OS.
- Troubleshooting server problems like system ‘Blue Screen’, hard disk crash.
- Installation of OS upgrades and patches as and when released by the OS vendor.
- Incident management, system administration, and change management technical support
Network Administration and User Management
XCube follows a structured approach by studying the existing network topology and understand the requirement of the customers in network administration area covering, Create and maintain passive and active network ports, configurations, TCP/IP scheme, network routes on servers.
- Administration of LAN and network security.
- Time synchronization between various servers.
- Deploy traffic management.
- Confidential in passwords, routes, configurations.
- Internet access and optimization with VPNs (IPSec, IP, and SSL).
- Multi-carrier service portfolio offering network management.
- Creating Active Directory or local users as per your requirements.
- Managing User Level and Group Level access to different resources across your network and IT infrastructure.
- Define your group policies and hence segregate users accordingly (depending on your requirements).
- User account management, such as, password policies, user access to system tools like control panel, registry etc.
- Monitor system, application and security logs to detect unauthorized access and any potential application or database issues.
Security and Back up Management
- Implement database security to only allow authorized access. Manage user accounts, their rights and privileges.
- Configuring and maintenance of firewalls as per organizational networking requirements.
- Remote security monitoring of your Network-based Intrusion.
- Manage access, federate identities, and enforce policies across web resources, portals, and applications
- Prevention of unauthorized outflow of highly sensitive data from your network and end points.
- Security Assessment services
- Network-based Intrusion Detection and Prevention services
- Customizing and deploying backup management forms, procedures and reports.
- Backup server installation and configurations, media planning, disaster recovery model.
- Perform regular backup operation as per strategy, schedule defined, and optimizing backup operations in tuning strategies.
- Backup audits – scheduled restoration drill for the backup validity and backup operation consistency.
- Maintaining log sheets for the backups.
- Reports – Analytical, graphical, MIS.
Remote Application Support Services
XCube provides complete application Support covering all levels of support – first, second and third levels of support. The support may also cover Application Integration/Migration/Transformation – Replacing, migrating and integrating legacy or bespoke systems. The specific services are under Application management, User and licence management.
- Application Maintenance – Changing or enhancing software to meet changing or increasing business demands in the post-rollout phase of an application
- Application Support – Providing first, second, third line support
- Application Integration/Migration/Transformation – Replacing, migrating and integrating legacy or bespoke systems
- continuous monitoring of application codes and connections
- Regular amendment of forms and analysis
- Service Level Agreements based support services
- 24×7 Support & Maintenance of application systems
User and License Management
- Assessment of existing licensing contract vehicles and future requirements
- Design purchasing strategies that reduce costs
- Proactive maintenance and renewals management
- This service includes keeping a track of your third party software licenses and terminal server licenses as well.
- We can act as a bridge between the licensing vendors and you as our customer, and maintain your license repository
- Management of User and group level access
- Monitoring of system, application and security logs
- Implementation and management of Active Directory
Remote Database Administration Services
XCube offers Database Administration solutions and services that help organizations minimize complexity, and garner tangible business value from their database investments. Enterprises can focus on its core competencies while outsourcing end-to-end database administration. This includes managing and monitoring mission critical databases, and standardizing business rules and procedures across the organization and implementing industry best practices.
At XCube, we have established a Database Administration center of excellence, which has been successfully administering very large database environments of several customers over the last several years.
Customers can avail expertise across Oracle / SQL Server including sound knowledge of underlying operating systems (Windows/ Unix/ Linux/ Solaris) and networks, data modeling, database warehousing, and database monitoring.
XCube also offers consultancy services for designing databases, data modeling, database growth, forecasting, and database migrations.
- 24/7 database troubleshooting, problem determination and resolution in response to critical errors and events.
- Database alert logs and traces, storage related alerts, schema object alerts, database audit alerts, resource utilization & alerts from maintenance jobs.
- Perform proactive database level capacity planning and performance tuning as required.
- Enabling data conversion, including data analysis, data cleansing, and batch import/export functionality.
- Administer database replication. Implement database level backup & recovery procedures to meet client’s requirements.
- Implementing database reporting packages.
- Optional database clustering services.
- Reporting on database performance and capacity.
- Memory Management on SQL server 2000/2005.
- Performance tuning purely from an administration perspective. This will work in strong conjunction with memory management and database architecture.
Performance tuning helps you get the maximum esteem out of your databases and your entire IT infrastructure. There are many ways to improve performance, including optimizing your database and operating system configuration and rewriting queries or entire data processing workflows. It’s knowing which ones to use, in which systems that’s critical.
XCube’s experts understand all areas of performance tuning and use the best tools available in each database to make sure your infrastructure operates at peak capability. With XCube’s managed data services, performance tuning is not a one-time event. We continuously monitor your critical workloads and service level agreements to make sure your queries perform consistently as data volumes grow. We can respond to performance issues before you’re even aware of them.
Detailed identification of the poorest performing functions/calls/queries including:
- A determination of whether the desktop, network, server, or application causing a performance slowdown
- What changes will provide the most improvement to user response times — more bandwidth, load balancing/location of web servers, tuning the application or more CPU power
- Which application calls or database queries are taking too long
- Recommendations and suggestions on the application’s performance improvement from by e-commerce testing experts who have tested hundreds of web sites.
Summary report analysis with recommendations and observations from experienced testing consultants upon your web site’s performance and including:
- Detailed transactional analysis (thread analysis) of all application requests and responses and overlaying network routing
- Bounce diagram of the web site’s application showing the actual transaction path and associated processing times
- Graphical charts and diagrams representing your web site’s systems performance
- A graphical picture of your most troublesome areas allowing your development staff a quick picture of where your trouble spots may be
- Peace of mind in knowing that your web application is performing in the optimum manner
- Quick identification of all the poor response time portions of your web site/web application
- Reduced time spent on constant “debugging” and trial and error changes to the application to improve performance
Managed IT Service
Frequent changes to your IT infrastructure increase complexity and—if not managed effectively—threaten service continuity. IT Service Management solutions from XCUbe are designed to help you ensure service quality and resource utilization across your physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Our IT service support solutions enable you to implement repeatable, measurable processes for defining, transitioning, delivering, and supporting services and assets throughout their lifecycles. By integrating and automating Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, you can utilize resources and control changes more efficiently, while streamlining the workload for your IT staff. You can also improve visibility and control by deliver business-relevant services with top-down views of service level agreements (SLAs) across the enterprise.
The qualities that characterize the IT Service Management (ITSM) services provided by XCube include:
- Designing and updating ITSM services while adhering to the quality standards maintained by the client.
- Integrating the processes of data collection, metrics determination, and performance analysis.
- Intuitive automation of processes related to ITSM, thereby maintaining responsiveness of the solution towards inputs from end-users, consistency in quality of services, flawless reproduction of results, and accurate collection of metrics.
XCube IT professionals have successfully applied this structured approach to ITSM in the following types of solutions:
DATA CENTER SUPPORT
XCube’s data center management solution offers seamless integration between key elements of the service, including service delivery, technological resources, quality processes, and performance feedback. This approach allows end-users to utilize the solution in a hassle free manner, without spending undue time learning technical details.
SERVICE DESK OPERATIONS
ITIL-based service desks provide a comprehensive solution for our clients and address common issues including:
- Problems with operating desktop applications
- Troubleshooting technical issues with computers, networks, and smartphones
XCube’s approach to service level management fully supports service level agreements (SLA), providing continual identification and monitoring of any metric used in the solutions.